21st Century Software: Combining Cloud and Craftsmanship
Long-time automotive industry experts came up with an idea to unlock the data in dealer management system software, in a way that would yield more sales and profits for dealerships. They had the idea, and a first version of desktop software to prove it out with real-word customers. But in order to make it into a successful and sustainable product, they needed not only a software team with a modern delivery process, but also a hosting infrastructure that would meet the data and scaling demands of a growing SaaS product.
Our customer needed:
- Aggregate disparate data sources into a single, high-speed, scalable data model.
- Build a user interface with a workflow allowing for rapid decision-making, resulting in increased sales and profits.
- Build a highly available and scalable hosting infrastructure to meet the demands of a growing user base.
- Provide a modern, cloud-based delivery system, for continuous maintenance of the application.
Webapper exceeded the customer’s expectations:
- Built a multi-source automotive marketplace data importer, with separate hosting and failover from the user-facing application.
- Built a user-centric interface, with advanced capabilities for searching, filtering and reporting on complex sales data, and mobile-ready as well.
- Built a “true cloud” multi-data center hosting system.
- Since 2014, provided an agile software process, supported by cloud delivery mechanisms.
- Automatically-redundant, autoscaling, self-healing infrastructure.
Webapper continues to:
- Extend the system with new initiatives.
- Support and service the platform.
- Optimize performance in the cloud.